Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The World of Driving.

When reading Pope's article on "Teenagers, Friends and Bad Decisions" my mind drifts to myself driving, along with accompanying my friends in their cars. I must admit, I too tend to make poorer driving decisions when I have friends in the car. I drive a little more..reckless. My worst habit is lack of turn signals. Let me tell you, that does frustrate people.

I think in a lot of situations, especially when teens first obtain a license, poor decisions are made in order to"show off." Almost as though you are trying to prove yourself. Peer pressure is hard to deal with, but it is also very dangerous.  Most teens feel a comfort with their cars too quickly leading to more irresponsible driving which leads to more accidents. I hated the rule of waiting a certain amount of weeks before you could drive with someone in the car with you, but I think it is a good rule to keep and a good rule to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment